top of page

Honoring the Past, Running Toward the Future: A Memorial Day Reflection 铭记过去,迈向未来:纪念日的思考与启发

Updated: Jun 1





At JingyiMaMa, we believe language and culture are more than tools — they’re bridges.

在 JingyiMaMa,我们始终相信,语言和文化不仅仅是工具,更是桥梁。


They connect us not only to each other but to the stories of those who came before us.

它们不仅连接着我们彼此,也让我们与前人的故事相连。


This Memorial Day, we paused to honor the U.S. service members who gave their lives for freedom.

在这个美国阵亡将士纪念日,我们怀着敬意缅怀那些为自由献出生命的军人。


Their courage reminds us that every step we take — in work, in learning, in life — is built on the sacrifice of others.

他们的英勇提醒我们:我们在工作、学习与生活中迈出的每一步,都是建立在他人牺牲的基础上。


It’s a day of remembrance, gratitude, and unity.

这是一个缅怀、感恩与团结的日子。


This year, I chose to honor Memorial Day by completing the Ridgewood 5K after 8 weeks of training.

今年,我选择用完成 Ridgewood 5K 长跑的方式纪念这个特殊的日子——这段旅程来自于我连续 8 周的坚持训练。


The discipline, resilience, perseverance, and community spirit I felt on the trail reminded me so much of the spirit behind this national holiday.

赛道上我体会到的自律、坚韧、坚持与社区精神,与纪念日背后的精神高度契合。


A Shared Journey

共同的旅程

Like language learning, running is a journey.

就像学习语言一样,跑步是一段旅程。

Every step takes practice.

每一步都需要反复练习。

Some days are hard.

有些日子很艰难。

But we keep going — for ourselves, and for something bigger than ourselves.

但我们仍不断前行——为了自己,也为了更大的意义。


To Our JingyiMaMa Community

致 JingyiMaMa 社群

Whether you’re raising a bilingual child, learning a new language, or bridging cultural divides in your classroom, remember — you are running your own meaningful race.

无论您是在培养双语孩子、学习一门新语言,还是在课堂上跨越文化差异,请记住:您正在奔跑一场属于自己的、有意义的旅程。

And you’re not alone.

而且您并不孤单。

We celebrate you.

我们为您喝彩。

We remember them.

我们铭记他们的奉献。

And we keep moving forward — with perseverance — together.

我们以坚持的精神,共同前行。

With heart and harmony,

怀着一颗温柔坚定的心,

The JingyiMaMa Team

JingyiMaMa 团队敬上

“Connecting the world gracefully.”

“优雅地连接世界。”



 
 
 

コメント


bottom of page